Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hiking in the Snow

I had a GREAT idea to go exploring last Saturday to check things out around the area. Dave said there was a state park about 20 minutes away. The weather looked okay outside so we decided to go. Well, we ended up hiking in the snow and FREEZING. We couldn't walk fast enough to get back to the car.

I think we should be able to drive with our babies attached like this. As long as I put a seat belt on she should be okay, right? :) The wind was blowing so bad that we all had to have our ears covered. Good thing we were prepared.
Isn't she just adorable. I think she might be a little cold with the red nose and all.
Davis had to make sure we got his band-aid in the picture. I don't know why he always squints when he smiles. Poor Dave had to carry him a lot of the way. Good thing is is soooo STRONG.
Even though it was really cold, the kids still managed to smile a little.
Even though it was really cold, it was good to get out in some fresh air and get to know the area a bit. Note to self in the future...even though the sun is shining here in Denver, it might still be really cold. Oh yeah, Sammie did go with us, but just wasn't lucky enough to be photographed.

3 comments:

Denette said...

Way cute pictures.

State Senator Pam Roach said...

Great pictures. I really am surprised that it is still so cold in Denver. But looking at the background in the park it looks like it will be really HOT in the summer! Love you guys!

Machelle Kay said...

I love Hannah's hat. You are really brave with hiking in the cold. I hate going outside so I just watch my kids until the sun comes out to melt the snow then I will play.