Thursday, October 30, 2008

Prop 8 Rally

Tonight our family had the opportunity to let the people of Visalia know where we stand on Prop 8. We were hesitant to have the whole family on the corner of a busy street, but they were awesome. As you can see from the pictures below, Lindsay totally got into it, and Davis even wanted to hold a sign. Sammie just wanted to be held. It felt good to stand up for what you know is right!!!





Lindsay is waving the sign because Dave told her if you wave it around you will get more people's attenion. She was big on waving the sign because I got in trouble by her because I was holdng mine still. I guess this is practice for our family before we move to Washington. I have a feeling we might be doing this more often because of all the politicians in the Roach family. And yes....in case you haven't heard, we are moving to Washington. I will post more later.

11 comments:

jamie said...

washington?! Oh I can't wait for the update! How did this all come about? We sure do miss you guys! And way to stand up for what you believe. That's awesome you got the whole family out. :)

Westmoreland Family said...

Where are you guys? On Mooney?? You go guys! I'm sure people loved seeing little kids. You should of let us know, we would of stood out there with you!!
We are still very upset you guys are moving to Washington, you guys were our first real friends when we came to Visalia! We appreciate your friendship! :( We will miss you!!!

Machelle Kay said...

I can't beleive how dark Lindsay's hair is. I kept looking for her in the clip but all I could see is Sammie. Haha. She was there the entire time.

Laura said...

Yay! We were glad to not be the only family with our kids there. I think it was cute how the kids were getting all into it. When you get a second (because I am sure you have all the time in the world right now) my e-mail is lauralew82@gmail.com. It would be great if you could e-mail our picture. THANKS!

Rachel said...

Hey there! I'm an old friend of Dave's from way back in our BYU days! My husband and I were in his ward, and I connected through Michelle Webecke's blog. I couldn't beleive it when I saw your name and it's so fun to see your face after 10 or so years! Your children are darling! Stop by and check ours out some time. . . Hurray for the blogosphere!

Rass said...

Good for you guys! If we did that here people would be wondering what proposition 8 was! I'm glad there are still people out there who are willing to stand up for what is right. You will rock Washington.

State Senator Pam Roach said...

Yes, I think I can make good use of such great campaigners! I think I see Lindsay as an "elected official" someday. (We are sensitive to the word, "politician."
Pam Roach
State Senator

Janessa said...

I LOVE your blog! We are sad to see you go, but I'm sooo glad I get to keep in touch with you through your blog after your move. :)

Holly Beaird said...

Woohooo! I was starting to think your dad (Bro. Roach) was just starting rumors about you guys moving to Washington--I'm glad you confirmed it. It will be fun having you guys up here!

Machelle Kay said...

Congrats on your Rally!!

Whitney said...

Can't wait to hear the details on the move. Dave going back to his roots, huh? I think Scott will be jealous! And, way to go on the Prop 8 rally...