When we found out that Hannah was going to be a girl, we immediately thought..."poor Davis, he is going to be surrounded by girls. This will either make him not want to be around girls, or else he will really understand his wife."
Before Davis was born I always had pink and purple cups and bowls and all the girly stuff for Lindsay and Sammie. Davis just had to do with what was given to him. Well, lately Davis has been asking to drink from the purple cups and eat from the "Hello Kitty" bowl and if he doesn't get to, he throws a fit.
Dave was not going to have his son prefer pink/purple over blue so we started telling him that blue is a boy color and he should choose blue, hoping it would sink in.
I think it worked. A couple of days ago Sammie was playing dress up with her princess dresses and Davis came to me and said: "Mom, will you help me put on this dress?"
Mom: Boys don't wear dresses bud.
Davis: This IS a boy dress.
Mom: Why is it a boy dress?
Davis: Because it is BLUE!
Yep, he wanted to wear the Cinderella dress. He had a good point there. I guess now we need to put it in his head that boys don't wear dresses. I tried to get a picture of him, but the camera was full. I thought it would be funny to post it, but Dave was not too excited about that.
We are constantly finding him playing with dolls and making necklaces out of the girls' beads. I think I need to find him some boy play dates.
He does, however, always talking about killing people. There is the boy side coming out in him.



7 comments:
Easton loves to play with Abbie's babies, puts on make-up with his cousin, Allee, and he spent the first 2 years of his life with Scott most of the time doing boy stuff. Don't sweat it - he is just secure in his masculinity which makes it possible for him to explore these fascinating feminine things without shame (that's what I tell myself and it gets me through the night :)
Send him over here for the summer. There are very few girl things at this house.
Too bad on the picture. It would have been fun to show his prom date!
I think I am going to have the opposite problem but girls liking boy things are not as bad.
That is so funny!! Zachary is in the same boat, and he had the same issues when he was Davis' age...now he is so much a "boy" boy, no one would ever image that he prefered girly things when he was younger! ;)
My boys can curupt him into boy behavior and you may not like it. At least Davis doesn't wrestle girls and make them cry. We are trying to explain to him to be soft with girls.
No pics of my greandson in a dress, please! Someone will get hold of it and show it around right when he is the star high school basketball player.
Miss you guys!
that is a very funny story. If I had a boy, that would be what it would be like her too. We are totally girlie- I guess that's what we get when we have 4 girls. Much to Brady's dismay- we mostly play with dress ups and dolls. You have a beautiful little family. That family picture is so cute.
Audrey cox
Post a Comment