Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Chickens




Grandma and Grandpa Roach let the grand kids pick out a chicken to raise on the farm. They ended up picking 7 chickens and 2 ducks. Dave thought it would be a good idea to have them at our house for a few days! It was a great idea until our garage smelled so bad I couldn't load the kids in the car without gagging. When we got home with the chickens, one of them was injured in transit. It couldn't walk and the other chicks were trampling all over it. Dave and I thought that the chicken would not make it. We tried to prepare Lindsay for the worst (she was really concerned for it). We ran some errands and the whole time we were gone, she kept asking if the chicken was o.k. She even wanted us to get it some "chicken medicine". When we got home, the chicken had made a full recovery and Lindsay was so excited.


1 comment:

Machelle Kay said...

Garrett walked up while i was reading and kept saying Ducks. I can't convince him that they are chickens.