Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dave!!!

I decided to try and make a fun cake for Dave's birthday. (Okay, I did it for the kids). I almost quit decorating it a few times, but in the end I think it turned out okay. Davis really loved it because he loves dogs.
Here is the party gang! I don't know who enjoyed Dave's birthday more; Dave or the kids. They insisted on the party hats and plates, etc... What is a birthday without them, right?

Davis and his contagious smile.

Sammie is just too cute. She still has dinner on her face.

Lindsay drew this picture for Dave. I love her drawings. It is never just of one thing. There are multiple things going on in this picture. The main one is someone is taking a picture of them together holding hands.
When I post about birthdays with my kids, I usually include a list of things that I love about them. I can't stop doing it now.
I love Dave because....
1. He makes me laugh (sometimes too hard that I cry).
2. He loves his family!!
3. He is a hard worker.
4. He is a good listener.
5. He is always up for a good time.
6. He is sensitive.
7. He is very talented in many, many ways.
8. He puts up with ME!!
9. He is my best friend.
10. He loves the Gospel.
11. He is supportive of me.
12. Did I mention he is handsome!?!
13. He is HANDSOME!!
14. I can always trust him.
The list can go on and on, but I won't bore you.
Dave I love you and always will!! Thanks for being the best husband and father!

8 comments:

Denette said...

The cake was good. I even knoew what it was. Did you follow a pattern for the frosting?

Denette said...

Dang comments. Why can't I spell check before I publish?

Machelle Kay said...

Oh Denette, I wish the same thing. Roz excellent job on the cake. I am trying to figure out what to do for my three boys. Any Ideas let me know. We are celebrating them all next weekend.

Heidi Keller said...

Happy Birthday Dave! Great job on the cake. It looks like it was done by a professional.

Ashley said...

Good job on the cake!!! I hope it wasn't too hard. It looks great though. :)

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Dave!

Roz, you did a great job on the cake. I know what you mean about wanting to give up right in the middle of icing it.

Anonymous said...

h my goodness! Your kids look so big. We miss you all. Happy Birthday Dave!

Lolo said...

Happy Birthday Dave! And you did an awesome job on the cake. Very impressive!