Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Down on the Farm"

Last weekend we went to "The Farm" (Dave's parents' place) to work on the garden. We are going to give gardening a try in Washington. We weren't too good at it in California because we would leave town and forget to have someone water the garden and it would FRY!! The first thing Davis did was check out the llamas.


We have such a green thumb here in Washington. How many of you already have carrots? Hopefully nobody does. The girls were digging around and they found carrots and potatoes from last year. They were pretty excited.
Here we are planting peas. My kids don't really eat peas, but hopefully after planting them and watching them grow they will learn to love them.
Lindsay was really excited when she found a worm. She learned from "Sid the Science Kid" earlier in the week that worms were good for gardening and she kept reminding us that. We tried to get her to kiss the worm but that didn't happen. I think she is holding it only because she has a glove on. I think she gets that from her mom.
We are excited about the garden. With Jim, Pam, Dan, Melanie and our family working on the garden, hopefully we will get a good harvest out of it.




5 comments:

Denette said...

I was reading your side bar. I will be sad when our kids are big enough that they don't say funny things. It seriously makes me laugh out loud.

Amanda said...

Good luck! I dream of the day when my black thumb turns green!

Riss said...

Good luck with the gardening. I've given up all hope of having a garden. I just don't have the patience or energy. Enjoy those delicious fresh veggies.

griffin gossip said...

gardening already! Wow! you all are on the ball. Karen

Dolores Taylor said...

Hey Roz, I can't believe you are having another one....you are my hero, I am in my first still, and some days can't even manage to take showers. I am so happy for you guys!!! We miss you here.