Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where in the World.... is our truck!!!!

So, we made it to the beautiful state of Washington on Monday just in time for a flood. It has rained constantly!!! What a change from Visalia. Our truck that has all of our stuff on it was supposed to be here in 3 business days, which would mean today or tomorrow, is still sitting in Sacramento. Sacramento is 3 HOURS from Visalia. At this rate, we will get our stuff sometime at the beginning of December. So, we have a beautiful house to live in with nothing in it. Also, Lindsay gets car sick every time we get in the car and actually threw up today because we are not used to the winding roads.

On a positive note, we get to spend a lot of time with Grandma and Grandpa Roach. Lindsay and Sammie have started pre-school already and love it. They have a gymnastics class during one day of pre-school. The air is clean here and we love seeing trees and GREEN not brown. We do miss everyone in Visalia, and it was very hard to leave. I had a breakdown the day we left town. Hopefully we will all adjust and enjoy Bonney Lake like we enjoyed Visalia. I will keep you posted on our eventful adventure.

17 comments:

lacy said...

Roz, I'm so sorry about your truck. I know what that's like! I can't believe you guys are up in Washington, I didn't even know you were moving. What are you guys going to do up there? Acutally, Brandon and I are coming to Seattle next weekend. (He has an interview in Redmond for an internship next summer.)

Karyl said...

Isn't moving fun? I'm sorry that things aren't going well, but at least you have cooler weather and non-cow air. Really, who needs furniture and clothes? Pretend you are camping. :) We miss you. It was really weird pulling into pre-school on Wednesday and not seeing you and Lorile chatting in the parking lot.

Westmoreland Family said...

We miss you already! The air is just how you left it.... POLLUTED. I can't believe you left me here to deal with this crazy california air. Hopefully we can get out of here sometime soon. There was a report today on the internet that our valley here has such bad air that it kills more people then car crashes. I thought, "Oh LOVELY", so every breath I take, I'm killing myself!!!
KEEP IN TOUCH
jjwestmoreland@clearwire.net

The Snow Family said...

What? Washington? I had no idea you guys were moving. I'm way behind on the news. Hope you are settling in. Your little Davis has really grown up since we last saw you! What a cutie...

Rass said...

Just wondering if you were still coming for a visit - let me know so we can go to lunch. I am excited to hear about a life outside of Utah.

Heather said...

UGH! moving! we had so many issues with our move to Utah - I hope everything turns out ok. can't wait for pictures!

Anonymous said...

so glad you made it safe... hope you get your stuff. we miss you already. so jealous about the air! today was extra brown... eeek. miss you guys already.

Lolo said...

Wow! I am impressed you are already blogging! Kolby told me yesterday that he wants to go to George Washington to visit Lindsay. I thought that was so cute. Glad you guys made it safe and sound. Hope we can come visit sometime so we can see green since everything around us is burning!!!

Moddybee said...

We so miss you! I can't wait to see pics! Sorry about the truck...it will showup..sometime. Nothing new here..your friends the Watts are friends with my friend from college in TEXAS..so RANDOM! love ya girl

griffin gossip said...

Oh my! What a deal! I ran into your mom at Walmart. That is our new hangout spot her and I. She let me know you guys were moving. Yikes that truck needs fired!!!!! I hope things go better. Here is my address kgriff2536@yahoo.com email me for an invite I am going private. karen

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to my parents when they left for Utah. The truck didn't show up for about a week! Hopefully yours gets there sooner... We are definately going to miss you in Primary! Good luck, boy it sure would be nice to have CLEAN air to breathe...

lilsusha said...

I didn't know ya'll were moving!! You'll probably have a white christmas--jealous!!

Riss said...

Hey Rosi-
I commiserate with you on the winding roads and car sickness. Scott has to take Dramamine to drive to work. I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you guys.

Jen said...

Better yet, "Where in the World is...THE ROACH FAMILY????" Post soon, I miss you! Book Club or the after party was not the same without you! In fact there was no Applebees Appetizers without you!!!!

Dolores Taylor said...

Hey Roz! I can´t believe you already left. I am sure you will get used to Washington in no time. We are still in Argentina, it´s nice hanging out with my family but I miss Brett a lot.

Moddybee said...

WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?? I NEED YOUR ADDRESS!!!!!!! EMAIL ME
MOLLYSAMPIETRO@GMAIL.COM

Chelsea said...

DITTO!?! Can we get your address as well? Hope you guys are okay, just busy settling in! Chels

brettandchelsea@msn.com