My friend HeatherAnn tagged me about a month ago and I am just getting around to it. Sorry HeatherAnn. I am supposed to list all of my quirks. I guess it took me so long to post because I couldn't think of any until I talked to my husband of course. So here it goes:
1. I have to make the bed. Nobody else can do it. If Dave wants to do a kind act of service and make it for me, I just make it over again. I guess I am pretty picky. The crazy thing is, is that I don't have to make it everyday. But when I do make it, it has to be perfect. I also have to have the bed pretty much made before I sleep in it. Dave does not understand this and just laughs.
2. My girls' hair has to be done before we go anywhere. And it drives me crazy when they dress themselves and they don't match. On the other hand, I hardly ever comb Davis' hair.
3. I will pin my kids down and brush their teeth while they are kicking and screaming. I guess all the years of being an orthodontist assistant has done something to me.
4. I always have to be on time. In fact, I have to make a conscious effort to be late. I don't handle lateness very well. (I hope I didn't offend anyone).
5. In order for me to relax at night, my kitchen and great room need to be clean. Dave doesn't understand why it can't wait until the morning but he has learned that if he wants a relaxing evening with me, he HELPS.
6. I am big on routine. I try my hardest to follow a routine and if something messes it up, I go crazy. Week days run a lot smoother than weekends because with Dad around some things go out of turn. (I love you Dave!!!!).
I think I got them all. I hope they aren't too weird and that a lot of you out there are in the same boat as me. It would make me feel a lot better if I wasn't the only one. I guess this is where I am supposed to tag others so I tag: Denette, Anna, Kelly, Jen, Chelsea, Jamie and Claire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Roz it's so funny that you mention some of of these because Weston is the same way. He has to have the covers lined up just right before we get in bed. And he has to be early to everything! Maybe it's a Davis thing. (At least he's not as bad as my dad, he'll leave for basketball games, etc. like 2 hrs early so we don't miss anything.) Oh I love the kids sayings they are hilarious.
Hey Roz. I'm so glad to see your doing well. It's been a long time since we've seen eachother. I must say that all of your crazy quirks must be Davis. As I read your blog I kept thinking, "That's me too!". :)
Maybe Its a butler thing. You remind me so much of me. I really thought it was more a Johnson thing. who new? karen
Long-time reader, first-time poster.
I've got to say, the kid quotes are the best. I'm not even that funny and I try. Violet just about peed her pants while I was reading some of them to her.
By the way, how's the new company coming together with Dave?
Tom
I was reading your quirks and laughing. Those are not quirks, they are just the way things need to be. I think it's this way because something might happen to us in the middle of the night or when we leave in the morning. The house needs to be clean and the kids clothes need to match. I am totally the same way. Bet you didn't think I would be, huh?
Mom must have created this little quirk because I have it too. When I first put new sheets on the bed at night I have to be the first one in bed to enjoy them. Logan will sometimes jump on the bed just because it makes me mad. Thanks for the laughs.
Yeah!!! Thanks for sharing Roz! Iwish Bryan would help out with cleaning at night so we could relax together. I need to bring him over and have Dave get up and help you clean (a sting operation of sorts:) However, I don't care who makes the bed, as long as it's made well! I miss you!
Post a Comment