Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July Weekend


We made our annual 4th of July trip to Seattle and had a blast. The weekend was packed with fun events and great food. This year we were able to fly instead of drive which gave us more time with the family. We forgot our stroller and Davis insisted on walking through the airport pulling our carry-on. Each time we barely made it in time to board. Flying with 3 kids isn't exactly fun, but it beats the drive. Somehow, on the way out, I ended up with all 3 kids while Dave just kicked back and enjoyed the flight. It is nice that my kids like their mom, but not at times like these.

On the 4th, the kids were able to be in a parade. My mother-in-law is a State Senator and my brother-in-law is a State Representative, so they rode with them. Also, my sister-in-law (she is married to the state representative) is going to the 2008 Olympics and so she was in it as well. We are so excited for her and wish her the best of luck. Check out her website here and read more about how amazing she is. Back to the parade, the girls were in heaven. As for me, I really don't like to be in the spotlight, so I was out of my comfort zone. We lit fireworks that night and sat around the campfire. It was great.

I went golfing for the first time and I actually enjoyed it. All of the adults broke free from the kids and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the golf course. The kids played at Aunt Melanie's Gymnastic Gym and they also had a ball.

To celebrate Melanie going to the Olympics, on Sunday we had Chinese food and Olympic games that Jim and Pam put together. It was a lot of fun. I took the gold in the BB gun. Who knew I had that good of an aim. Dave took the gold in the "trampoline routine" and the "biathlon". It was good times.

Lindsay and Sammie loved being around their cousins. Lindsay cried when we had to say goodbye to her cousin Emily. Being there made me realize how much I miss being by family. Hopefully one day we will be able to be by my family or Dave's. We really enjoyed our time there and look forward to going back again. I especially liked the weather. It was 75-80 degrees and we flew into 110 degree weather and smoggy air. YUCK!!!

4 comments:

Shemri and Gang said...

Love the new background and the family picture at the top is to die for! You all look so great.

Machelle Kay said...

I agree with Shemri. The background is awesome. I absolutely love your family picture.

Lolo said...

looks like you had such a fun trip. and i do love the new look!

Heather said...

I love the new template!!! Your family picture is fabulous!!! I was excited to see the new posts! How exciting to have an olympian in the family! The girls and Davis are as adorable as ever!