A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to take a cake decorating class with her and I agreed to do it. I don't think either of us realized what this class would entail. I have homework in this class. I don't know how much crisco and powdered sugar I have gone through in the last 2 months. Actually, I don't want to know. I have learned a lot, but it does take a lot of time. I am finished with the first 2 courses and have 3 and 4 to go. Two more months of this and I will be a pro (so I am told).

This is the first cake I did in class. Did you notice that the lettering is not centered? It really bugged me after I did it, but I couldn't fix it. It still bothers me when I look at the picture.

This is cake #2. I think i am getting a little better. The test is to see if you can identify each item in the squares.

Cake #3. I was pretty pleased with this one. It looks simple, but still a lot of work.

Cake #4 took 3 classes to prepare for. We made each of those flowers and some of the leafs before hand and put it all together the last day of class. I was kind of proud of myself. The kids loved it and enjoyed eating the flowers. I will post more as they come. Who knows, maybe I will do my girls' wedding cakes. ha ha :)
5 comments:
Wow! Those are amazing, Roz! We hear through the grapevine that you guys are doing well and liking your new area.
-Claire
how fun!!! i always wanted to take a cake decorating class! good job on those!
I can't frost a cake let alone decorate one. Good job!!
So now we know who to call when we need a cake decorated. Awesome job.
I love the last one! I would love to take a cake decorating class. I actually made my brother's wedding cake last month. My first and last but I do like making my kids' birthday cakes. Happy Birthday Dave! If only Scott was so easy to buy for.
Post a Comment