Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Church is "Canceled"
So Lindsay's wish came true on Saturday night. It started snowing on our way to the ward Christmas party. Nothing was sticking to the ground though. On Sunday morning we were getting ready for church and we received a phone call from the Elders Quorum President saying the Stake President was cancelling church. I couldn't help but laugh. We only had about 2 inches on the ground. Growing up in Utah, you had to have 3 feet of snow before they would cancel anything. Washington just doesn't have the equipment to take care of the roads. The roads were immediately iced over. We let the kids play outside. Lindsay LOVED it. Sammie and Davis didn't last very long. It didn't help that we didn't have any gloves for them. We finally found some of mine to at least keep their hands warm.
Lindsay came in for some hot chocolate and said "this is the best Christmas ever". It was so cold out there that Dave and I could only be out for a few minutes at a time. Lindsay didn't care, she just played by herself. Lindsay has never lived anywhere where it snows so maybe it is just a novelty and it will wear off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
That is awesome that Lindsay thought this was the best Christmas because of the snow. We love the snow.
How funny! Some states don't get the snow. I'm glad she loved it though. I'm glad you are having a white Christmas! Karen
Hey Rosalyn, I came upon your blog through Kelly's. How are you? It was fun to see your cute family. We can relate to you about the snow...Las Vegas got a few storms this year and the kids went wild. Have a great day! Alison (Bailey)
Hey Rosalyn, I came upon your blog through Kelly's. How are you? It was fun to see your cute family. We can relate to you about the snow...Las Vegas got a few storms this year and the kids went wild. Have a great day! Alison (Bailey)
Congrrats on the baby! I can't believe it is your 4th! Wow. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the idea of 3. Keep me posted.
I am gathering you are pregnant???? I hadn't heard the news. Congrats. I am new Primary secretary...trying to remember the five minute knock. We miss you guys. Anna
Wow! Snow for Christmas! How fun! You guys are definitely having lots of new experiences! We need to catch up!
Post a Comment