Thursday, August 28, 2008

HAWAII BABY

We just came home from an awesome vacation in Kauai with 14 great friends! And yes, we left the kiddies home. We dropped our kids off in Utah and my parents watched them for just over a week. They don't get to see my parents very often, so they had a little vacation of their own. Not only did they hang out with Grandma and Grandpa Davis, but also Grandma B. and Grandma Wilder. They also got to spend time with their cousins Austin and Anna. This was my first time leaving my kids. I think I handled it okay. Sometimes they wouldn't even talk to me on the phone. The biggest upset was when we came home Davis wouldn't even come to me. That hurt my feelings a little bit, but it didn't last long. Now he won't leave me alone.

Back to our vacation....We had a blast. Here we are getting ready to go scuba diving in Hanalei. Yes, just off to the right of us is where Bethany was attacked by a shark and lost her arm. (And to think I still got in the water). We actually saw Bethany at the end of our trip at a local Farmers Market. They guys enjoyed playing some beach volleyball. This is Dave making an awesome pass. The weather was great! The wives just sat on the grassy area getting some sun and enjoying the company. We did watch our husbands every now and then.

This was an amazing view of the Na Pali Coast. We actually took a boat ride to see this. The boat ride was great. I hung on for dear life for fear of being thrown into the ocean. You see, I am terrified of fish, or sharks or eels or whatever is down there. I know what you are thinking....why do I scuba dive....well, I don't understand it myself. This view was worth it. We did a little snorkeling as well and saw sea turtles and other little fish.
This is the group that went on the boat ride. Not all of us are here, because they would not allow pregnant women on the boat. I could understand why. It would have probably induced false labor.
Me and my hubby at Kailua Falls. The only thing that this picture has in common with Visalia, is that Dave and I are in the picture. We have no greenery and no water...(we came back to dead grass and a lot of weeds. yeah for us).
This was the sunset at the top of Waimea Canyon. It was gorgeous.
This is a video of me and Dave jumping off of a cliff. I have never done this before in my life, but I had to do it because I was in HAWAII!!! (and the fact that 10 year old kids were doing it).





We had such a good time. We were in such good company. There was never a dull moment. We enjoyed hanging out, telling jokes and even karaoke down at a local bar. I am sure that all of the locals were amazed that we could be so crazy with just ordering water!!! We are looking forward to another fun vacation like this is 5 years!!!

11 comments:

Deb said...

Wow I am jealous. What a fun trip. Jon wants me to learn to scuba dive but I tell him when he gets a real job.

Anonymous said...

That is so fun, I've wanted to see pics of your trip. Thanks you

Chelsea said...

How FUN! You guys look great.

jamie said...

it was definitely a blast! great recap. wish we were still there!! :)

Anna and Ryan said...

I love reading your post because it totally filled in some memories that I (what, a week later???) had already forgotten. Yeah, I can't believe that we actually went snorkeling (scuba in your case) where that girl got her arm chewed off by a shark. I'm SURE that I wouldn't have gone in if I had known that.
Roz, your kids quotes are hilarious. I laughed so hard!

Pam Roach said...

Great pictures and I am really glad you had such a fun time. next time...I get the kids! Love ya.

Heather said...

Ok - when I first read the title I thought it might also be an announcement! I was scouring the text to read that you would be having another baby - well I guess Hawaii is almost as fun! I'm jealous! Did you know this girl who was attacked by a shark?

Jen said...

What a great experience for you and Dave (and the kids)! I can't wait to catch up and hear more about your trip! Way to be brave...jumping off a cliff, snorkeling, scuba diving...you're so adventurous!

Jen and Weston said...

Ok I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought you might be expecting. I also read the whole thing thinking you had another kid on the way. I guess I've just got baby on the brain because of this bulge protruding from my midsection! I'm glad to see you two had fun! (And the swim suit is adorable!!)

Whitney said...

What a fun trip! Glad you guys all got to do that.

Machelle Kay said...

I am laughing about the pregnancy topic. But besides that, I am glad you two had fun. It looks amazing there. Roz you are such a dare devil. I couldn't get in the water with those fish. Glad you had a blast. Can't wait to see you guys again.